We are looking for motivated university/college students interested in getting involved with one of the most prominent GREEN environmental non-profits in Miami-Dade County. ECOMB is excited about our current programs and we hope you choose to join our fast-moving, fast-growing organization!
We seek experienced interns to assist ECOMB with project management, graphic designing, event coordination, fund-raising, marketing, social media, search engine optimization (SEO), and web development / maintenance. The ideal candidate would possess an environmental science background or interest, as well as knowledge of Mac computer systems, Word and Excel, etc.
These are not paid positions, but due to the rapid growth of ECOMB, future compensation could be feasible. In addition to interacting with the local community, other environmental non-profits, professionals in the Green industry and politicians, the hands-on work experience will be a great addition to anyone’s resume. Our office is located in South Beach at our new Miami Beach Center for the Environment and scheduling is flexible.
*University/College Students: we will work with your university if internship is required or necessary for credits.
- Litter Prevention Project Coordinator – Monthly Cleanup events of Beach, Dunes, Islands, Canals and Parks in partnership with the City of Miami Beach, City of Miami, Schools and local businesses – Adopt a Beach Program Project Length: ON GOING
- Coordinate monthly cleanup events with City of Miami Beach, schools, businesses
- Organize shoreline cleanup events and boat transportation, when necessary
- Coordinate event schedule with manager
- Update contact database for Miami-Dade Schools, Non profits, Colleges and Universities (Key Clubs, Ecology Clubs, etc)
- Assist Office Manager in coordination of the Adopt a Beach Program
- Create Press Releases for local media, respond to emails and phone calls regarding cleanups
- Cinema Green Project Coordinator – Presentation of monthly environmental movies focusing on local and global interests in partnership with Miami Beach Cinemathequeand preparation for the Miami & the Beaches Environmental Film Festival (MBEFF). Project Length: ON GOING
- Identify categories of regional and global environmental issues
- Research environmental film sites for films that meet project criteria
- Investigate film screening rights
- Source film synopsis and image for web site and email campaign posting
- Liaison with Cinematheque and ECOMB to schedule monthly film series
- Develop contact database for relevant media, local schools and universities for promotional purposes
- Create Press Releases for local media, respond to emails and phone calls regarding Cinema Green
- Coordinate event staff and ECOMB display at Cinematheque Identify potential sponsors for the film series
- Work on the planning, film selection, correspondence, sponsorship, events, locations, and speakers for the MBEFF
- Web Site & Email Campaign Coordinator: Web Development, Graphic Design and Maintenance (10 hours/week) Project Length: ON GOING
- Design Constant Contact email campaign templates
- Design icons for ECOMB’s new web site
- Maintain web site
- Post ECOMB’s events on new web site
- Update Photo Gallery
- Database and Social Media Developer / Manager (10 hours/week)
Project Length: ON GOING
- Research and recommend best database management software
- Input new contacts
- Updated existing database list
- Membership management: enhance communication with members
- Update and post on Facebook, Twitter, TUMBLR, You Tube etc.
- Recycling/Raising The Bar Project Coordinator (10 hours/week) Innovative recycling initiative which aims to create a regular practice of responsible disposal of recyclables in bars and restaurants in Miami Beach and Miami.
- Act as a liaison between venues or property managers and representatives of their waste haulers
- Train venue’s staff before implementation
- Plan RTB fund raising events
- Update the RTB website and Facebook page
Days and hours for the positions described above are Monday through Friday. Weekly schedule and hours to be discussed during interview.
We also have a few other shot-term projects that will be posted on this page in the near future.
ECOMB’s Executive Director and Board of Trustees would like to invite you to meet with us to further discuss any questions you may have regarding our organization, our programs and the announced positions. Your dedication and support are of great importance in the implementation of our educational programs in the Miami-Dade County area, and will allow ECOMB to further accomplish its goals and objectives in preserving our beautiful land for future generations.
If you are interested on any of the above opportunities, please, contact Miguel Pena at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
ECOMB – Environmental Coalition of Miami and the Beaches
210 Second Street
Miami Beach, Fl 33139