International Coastal Clean-up Day
ECOMB’s energetic volunteers, the City of Miami Beach Neighborhood Services, Parks, Public Works and Environmental Resources departments will cleanup the shoreline of Island View Park and Flagler Monument Island as part of the Ocean Conservancy’s International Coastal Clean-up Day and as part of the “Adopt a Park Program“, a partnership program between the City of Miami Beach and ECOMB.
Saturday, September 15th, 2007
9am – 12 noon. Registration begins at 8:30 AM. Limited capacity.
• 9 am to 12 noon: CLEANUP
• 12 noon to 3 pm: VOLUNTEER APRECIATION PARTY AT THE MIAMI SEAQUARIUM – FREE EVENT: FOR VOLUNTEERS. Drinks, food, music, face painting, etc. Lots of fun kid’s stuff.
- Volunteers 15 years old or younger must present the Minor Release Form signed by a parent/guardian and one parent/guardian must be present.
- Volunteers 16 or 17 years old must only present the Minor Release Form signed by a parent/guardian.
- Volunteers 18 years old or older, please sign the Adult Release Form and bring it along with you.
- Release forms are available at ECOMB’s website under the Schedule of Events page.
Meet us at Island View Park, on Purdy Avenue, just north of the junction of the Venetian Causeway in Miami Beach. There will be two cleanup sites: 1) Island View Park itself, and 2) the Flagler Memorial Island (or Monument Island) where the volunteers will be taken by boat.
Journalists, please contact us for press interviews and past photos, by calling Luiz Rodrigues, Executive Director ECOMB, Inc. at 305.534.3825. Press and TV coverage are welcome. To learn more about ECOMB and to see photos from recent Beach Cleanup projects, go to our web site at www.ecomb.org.
Join volunteers from high schools, local associations, churches, synagogues, and businesses, as they MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Snacks will be served and students may use these cleanup events towards Community Service Hours.
ECOMB is a not-for-profit 501c(3) Florida corporation founded in 1994 to promote clean beaches, waterways and wetlands. Each year ECOMB coordinates events and programs that encourage responsible behavior and awareness in the Miami Beach vicinity.
More info and registration at: http://www.ecomb.org