ECOMB HAS JUST MADE IT A LOT EASIER FOR EVERYONE TO RECYCLE!
In November of 2010, ECOMB, in partnership with the City of Miami Beach, is pleased to announce the opening of Miami-Dade County’s first One-Stop Shop Recycling Drop-Off Station for all types of electronic waste, rechargeable batteries and compact fluorescent light bulbs at its new Miami Beach Center for the Environment.
The Center will also accept all other types of Single Stream Recyclables – glass, plastic, metal, paper, cardboard, magazines, junk mail, phone books, etc – for those businesses and residents that do not have a recycling program, thanks to an agreement established between the City of Miami Beach and our local waste haulers: Waste Management and WSI.
With ECOMB in the “hood”, it’s now easy to be part of the green movement. All you have to do is call ECOMB’s office or stop by to visit us.
Why: Because the average American throws out seven and a half pounds of trash each day! And it all end up at the landfills, where it just sits, compacted, buried, taking up space … forever. Recycling is important because it helps keep our resources plentiful, not only for us but for our future generations: our children, grandchildren, and so on …
Program Goals: to divert from landfills and recycle e-waste (electronic waste, batteries and compact fluorescent light bulbs) being disposed of by residents and businesses in the City of Miami Beach and other Miami-Dade County municipalities. This objective is to be achieved through:
- Implementation of community education campaigns;
- Implementation of recycling initiatives;
- Introduction of e-waste recycling strategies to community members, business associations, as well as government agencies with which ECOMB works.
- Creation and maintenance of an online Recycling Resource Database to help residents and businesses to learn about “what & where to recycle in Miami Beach and Miami”.
Electronic Waste, Rechargeable Batteries and
Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs
Where: Miami Beach Center for the Environment – 210 Second Street • Miami Beach, Fl 33139
Hours of Operation:
- GENERAL RECYCLABLES = SINGLE STREAM (glass, plastic, metal, paper, etc: 24 HOURS A DAY. Container is located on Collins Court (alley between Washington & Collins Ave.)
- ELECTRONICS, RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES, CFLs: from 10 am to 5 pm, but call us first @ 305.534.3825, to make proper drop-off arrangements. Please, do not leave items at the door .