|Home||Participating Partners||Participating Venues||How to Get Involved|| Recycling Info
HOT TO BECOME A RAISING THE BAR ADVOCATE:
If you would like to see a venue that you frequent to start a recycling program, here are the steps that you can take:
- Familiarize yourself with the Raising the Bar Project (description below)
- When you approach a business, explain the RTB project and stress the following points:
- Implementing a recycling program will save their business money
- ECOMB assists their businesses in setting up an efficient program
- ECOMB provides a training session for the staff and continued support
RAISING THE BAR PROJECT DESCRIPTION
Raising the Bar is a new, distinctive recycling initiative for bars, restaurants, nightclubs and lounges in the cities of Miami Beach and Miami. The program is an educational campaign that promotes the recycling of beverage containers, cardboard boxes, and any other recyclable paper or plastic associated with daily business operations in local establishments. By encouraging commercial recycling, both municipalities would reduce the amount of trash in landfills, reduce their carbon footprint, and help conserve our scarce natural resources.
The main goal of the Raising the Bar project is to increase bar, restaurant and nightclub recycling rates in the cities of Miami Beach and Miami by educating venues’ owners and managers of the environmental, legal and financial benefits of recycling.
- The pick up of recyclables costs less than that of regular waste.
- The 20% franchise fee attached to regular waste pick up is not added to the pick up of recyclables in Miami Beach.
- The 1992 Miami-Dade County and the 2012 City of Miami Beach Recycling Ordinances require all commercial establishments and multi family residences to provide a recycling program for their clients and tenants.
Venues are promoted on ECOMB’s RTB page, where visitors can learn how much they have been recycling. This form of promotion gives people the opportunity to drink, eat and socialize at places environmentally friendly establishments.
GOOD FOR THE PLANET … GREAT FOR YOUR BOTTOM LINE!
ECOMB, Inc. • 210 Second Street • Miami Beach • Fl • 33139 • 305.534.3825
Luiz Rodrigues, Executive Director: 786.853.1855 • email@example.com